Advance your nursing career and impact the lives of others with an RN to BSN online from Rivier University. Rivier University, recognized as a leader in education of nursing and healthcare professionals, offers an ACEN accredited online B.S. Nursing: RN–BSN program.
It is becoming common practice for hospitals and healthcare facilities to require nurses to earn a bachelor’s degree. This bachelor’s degree has become essential for the pursuit of leadership positions, and opportunities in a variety of specialty areas.
Graduates in the RN to BSN online program can pursue roles as medical-surgical floor nurses, pediatric nurses, specialty nurses in oncology, and other areas. Graduates will also be prepared for leadership positions and master’s-level educational opportunities.
The online program allows students to learn in a flexible, convenient format that can be designed around professional and personal schedules. Students with an active RN license will be awarded transfer credit for their experience and can finish the program faster. Multiple term starts allow students to begin when it’s convenient for them. Rivier University has been educating students to transform the world for more than 80 years, so you can trust you will receive a high-quality education in a format designed to help you succeed.Request Information
Rivier University’s ASN, BSN, MSN, Post Master’s Certificates, and DNP programs are accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN), 3343 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 850, Atlanta, Ga 30326, (404) 975-5000, www.acenursing.org.
- Next Start Date: July 8, 2019
- Est. Program Length: 2-4 years
- Credit Hours: 120
- Course Length: 7 weeks
Request Your Info Packet
The degree requires 120 credit hours for completion and tuition is $360 per credit hour. Students with an active, unencumbered RN license will be awarded 60 credits — and can transfer up to a total of 90 credits into the degree — so it can be completed in as little as two years.
- Prerequisites (minimum 60 credits)
- ENG 120 English Composition: 3
- SOC XXX Sociology Elective: 3
- Humanities Elective (Communications, English, History, Modern Languages, Philosophy, or Religion): 3
On matriculation, nurses with an active, unencumbered RN license will be awarded 60 credits, validating competency in the following Associate Degree-level courses:
- NSG 101 Nursing Fundamentals: 8
- NSG 102 Care of the Adult I: 9
- NSG 103 Foundations of Pharmacology: 3
- NSG 190 Essentials of Community Health Nursing: 1
- NSG 201 Mental Health Nursing: 3
- NSG 202 Care of the Child Bearing Family: 4
- NSG 203 Care of the Adult II: 10
- NSG 205 Care of the Child: 3
- NSG 206 Professional Issues in Nursing: 1
- BIO 105 Human Anatomy and Physiology I: 4
- BIO 106 Human Anatomy and Physiology II: 4
- BIO 201 Medical Microbiology: 4
- PSY 101 General Psychology: 3
- PSY 212 Lifespan Development: 3
- General Education Requirements (15 credits)
In fulfillment of the general education degree requirements, the following must be taken:
- PSY 204 Biostatistics: 3
- REL 379 Bioethics: 3
- REL 120 Dignity, Work, Vocation: 3
- One Humanities elective (Communications, English, History, Modern Languages, Philosophy, Religion)
- PSY/SOC One psychology or sociology elective: 3
- Major Requirements (27 credits)
- NSG 302 Health Policy and Politics: 3
- NSG 303 Pathopharmacology in Acute and Chronic Disease: 3
- NSG 310 Health Assessment: 3
- NSG 320 Families and Health in a Multicultural Society: 3
- NSG 330 Research Methods: 3
- NSG 379 Quality and Informatics in Practice: 3
- NSG 404 Leadership and Management in Healthcare: 3
- NSG 409 Community/Public Health Nursing: 3
- NSG 410 Holistic Nursing: 3
- General Electives
Students choose additional courses to reach the total number of credits required for the degree.
A total of 90 credits can be transferred into the University; a student's last 30 credits must be completed at Rivier to establish residency for degree conferral.
Rivier University operates on a rolling admissions systems. Students may apply for admission at any time and are notified of acceptance within 2 to 4 weeks from the date their application is completed.
A minimum cumulative GPA of 2.67 is required for admission into the RN to BSN online program; applicants whose GPA falls below this minimum will be evaluated and may be considered for admission. An active, unencumbered RN nursing license is also required.
Transfer credits from regionally accredited 2- and 4-year institutions are accepted. To transfer credits, you should request that your official transcript be sent to: Rivier University, C/O The Learning House, 32 Mount Joy Street, Suite 300, Mount Joy, PA 17552. Your advisor will review transcript and determine how many credits are transferable to your chosen program of study.Apply Now