Advance your nursing career with an online M.S. Nursing: Leadership in Health Systems Management degree from Rivier University. Get the skills and knowledge you need to enhance patient care and guide other nurses in a senior leadership role.
The nursing profession is experiencing dramatic change. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, nursing will grow 19 percent from 2012 to 2022. Nurse leaders will be called upon to assist in the transformation of healthcare delivery systems to improve population health and patient outcomes in healthcare, insurance and regulatory agencies, schools, and industry, regionally, nationally, and globally.
Graduates of the M.S. Nursing: Leadership in Health Systems Management program will be prepared for leadership roles in administration for all practice environments. Roles include:
- Health information managers
- Care coordinators
- Nursing administrators (medical homes, hospitals, long term care facilities)
- And many other administrative and managerial roles
Multiple term starts and competitive tuition rates are designed to help you start, and finish, faster. Rivier University has been educating students to transform the world for more than 80 years, so you can trust you will receive a high-quality education in a format designed to help you succeed.Request Information
- Next Start Date: January 15, 2018
- Est. Program Length: 2 years
- Credit Hours: 36
- Course Length: 7 and 14 weeks
Request Your Info Packet
The degree requires 36 credit hours for completion and tuition is $570 per credit hour.*
Undergraduate statistics (or evidence of completion)
- Degree Requirements
- BUS 559 Healthcare Finance: 3
- BUS 569 Healthcare Administration: 3
- BUS 632 Healthcare Information Systems: 3
- BUS 654 Compliance and Risk Management in Healthcare Settings: 3
- NSG 561 Advanced Nursing Leadership I: 3
- NSG 562* Advanced Nursing Leadership I Practicum: 2
- NSG 563 Advanced Nursing Leadership II: 3
- NSG 564* Advanced Nursing Leadership II Practicum: 2
- NSG 601 Quality Healthcare Improvement: 3
- NSG 602 Evidence-Based Practice in Nursing and Healthcare: 3
- NSG 606 Research Capstone Advisement: 2
- NSG 610 Advanced Health Policy: 3
- NSG 620 Biostatistics for the Health Sciences: 3
*The cost for nursing practicums is $995 per credit hour. Nursing practicums may be taken in the student’s geographic location.
Rivier University operates on a rolling admissions system. Students may apply for admission at any time and are notified of acceptance within 2 to 4 weeks from the date their application is completed.
A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 is required for admission into the M.S. Nursing: Leadership in Health Systems Management degree; applicants whose GPA falls below this minimum will be evaluated and may be considered for admission. An active, unencumbered RN nursing license is also required. Students must complete the nursing practicum form.
Transfer credits from regionally accredited two- and four-year institutions are accepted. To transfer credits, you should request that your official transcript be sent to Rivier University, C/O The Learning House, 801 East Park Drive, Suite 105, Harrisburg, PA 17111. Your advisor will review transcript and determine how many credits are transferable to your chosen program of study.Apply Now