Learn to work and thrive in the competitive world of business IT with an online Master of Science in Computer Information Systems from Rivier University. Gain the ability to understand and develop a shared language between IT and business professionals while developing a firm grasp of current business trends and emerging technologies.
Graduates can enter key management positions through their unique combination of business expertise and technical competence. Rivier’s Computer Information Systems program includes courses on:
- Object-oriented design
- Networking technologies
- Database development
- Computer security
- Project management
- And more
Rivier offers the M.S. in Computer Information Systems in a fully online environment, which combines the rigor of a Rivier education with a flexible schedule. Multiple term starts mean you can start soon and finish fast, and our competitive tuition makes your education affordable; the cost of a Rivier education, with all tuition and fees included, is typically at least $3,000 less than another, similar program.
Rivier University has been educating students to transform the world for more than 80 years, so you can trust you will receive a high-quality education in a format designed to help you succeed.Request Information
- Next Start Date: May 14, 2018
- Est. Program Length: 1-2 years
- Credit Hours: 36
- Course Length: 7 weeks
Request Your Info Packet
The degree requires 36 credit hours for completion and tuition is $567 per credit hour. There is also a $25 per course technology fee.
Undergraduate statistics (or evidence of completion)
- Degree Requirements (30 credits)
- BUS 510 Accounting for Managers: 3
- BUS 529 Economic Analysis: 3
- BUS 550 Global Finance for Managers: 3
- BUS 560 Organizational Dynamics: 3
- BUS 779 Strategies of Innovation: 3
- CS 552 Object-Oriented Design: 3
- CS 553 Networking Technologies: 3
- CS 572 Computer Security: 3
- CS 610 Database Management Systems: 3
- CS 612 Information Technology: 3
- Recommended Electives (6 credits)
- BUS 523 Marketing and New Product Development: 3
- BUS 574 Project Management: 3
- BUS 644 Risk Management and Decision Making: 3
- BUS 651 Leading Projects through Virtual Environments: 3
- BUS 675 Operations and Quality Management: 3
- BUS 690 Quantitative Process Improvement in Organizations: 3
- CS 597 Multimedia and Web Development: 3
- CS 616 Data Mining: 3
- CS 664 Knowledge-Based Systems: 3
- CS 690 Human-Computer Interaction: 3
- CS 694 Big Data Systems: 3
Not all electives will be offered every semester.
Rivier University operates on a rolling admissions system. Students may apply for admission at any time and are notified of acceptance within 2 to 4 weeks from the date their application is completed.
A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 is required for admission into the Master of Science in Computer Information Systems degree; applicants whose GPA falls below this minimum will be evaluated and may be considered for admission after a review of your entire application material submission. Applicants must also submit one professional letter of recommendation from a current or former supervisor or instructor that speaks to perceived ability to study in a master’s degree program in Computer Information Systems. Applicants who have attended degree programs at schools outside of the United States, and students who are not U.S. Citizens or permanent residents of United States may have additional items to submit.
Up to nine transfer credits from regionally accredited graduate programs are accepted with a grade B or better and substantially equivalent course content as determined by the program director at Rivier. To transfer credits, please request that your official transcript be sent to Rivier University, C/O The Learning House, 32 Mount Joy Street, Suite 300, Mount Joy, PA 17552. Your transcripts will be reviewed to determine acceptability of your transfer credit.Apply Now