Improve the health outcomes and quality of life for others with an online M.S. Nursing: Family Nurse Practitioner degree from Rivier University. With this online FNP degree, you will gain the skills and knowledge you need to serve as a primary healthcare provider.
Changes in healthcare delivery and recent reforms have combined to increase Americans’ access to healthcare, resulting in the growing need for highly skilled and competent primary care providers. As one of the most in demand careers in the country, family nurse practitioners must be expertly prepared to provide care to diverse patients. Graduates of Rivier’s online FNP degree are prepared to deliver the full scope of primary care within many healthcare settings.
Students in the program explore advanced theory and clinical nursing topics such as pathophysiology, health assessment, family nursing theory, quality healthcare improvement, health policy, an evidence-based practice. There are three tracks offered in the Master of Science Online Program at Rivier University; Family Practice Nurse Practitioner, Nurse Educator, and Leadership in Health Systems Management.
This program offers three start dates per year, plus competitive tuition rates that are designed to help you start and finish faster. Educating students to transform the world for more than 80 years, Rivier University is an institution you can trust.Request Information
Rivier’s associate, bachelor’s and master’s nursing programs are accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN). Rivier University has applied for candidacy status for the DNP program to obtain accreditation by the ACEN, 3343 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 850, Atlanta, Ga 30326, (404) 975-5000, www.acenursing.org.
- Next Start Date: January 22, 2019
- Est. Program Length: 3 - 5 years
- Credit Hours: 43
- Course Length: 7 and 14 weeks
Request Your Info Packet
The online FNP degree program requires 43 credit hours for a nurse entering the program with a BSN, and 49 credits for nurses entering the program with an ADN degree. Tuition in 2018 for biology courses is $595 per credit hour, graduate nursing theory courses are $605 per credit hour, and graduate practicum courses $1015 per credit.
Undergraduate statistics (evidence of successful completion B or better)
- Degree Requirements
- BIO 504 Advanced Pathophysiology: 3
- NSG 510 Advanced Family Nursing Theory I: 3
- NSG 511P*† Family Nurse Practitioner Practicum I: 2
- NSG 511S* Family Nurse Practitioner Practicum I Seminar: 1
- NSG 512 Advanced Family Nursing Theory II: 3
- NSG 513P*† Family Nurse Practitioner Practicum II: 4
- NSG 513S* Family Nurse Practitioner Practicum II Seminar: 1
- NSG 515P*† Family Nurse Practitioner Practicum III: 4
- NSG 515S* Family Nurse Practitioner Practicum III Seminar: 1
- NSG 516* Advanced Health Assessment: 3
- NSG 517 Advanced Role of the Nurse: 1
- NSG 518 Advanced Pharmacology: 3
- NSG 601 Quality Healthcare Improvement: 3
- NSG 602 Evidence-Based Practice in Nursing and Healthcare: 3
- NSG 606 Research Capstone Advisement: 2
- NSG 610 Advanced Health Policy: 3
- NSG 620 Biostatistics for the Health Sciences: 3
†These courses include on-campus intensive sessions (OCI) that range from two to five days.
*The cost for nursing practicums and NSG 516 is $1,015 per credit hour. Nursing practicums may be taken in the student’s geographic location.
- Other Requirements
- Students may take three courses (9 credits) from a list of specified courses prior to matriculating.
- Students must follow their Program of Studies, when registering for courses. If students wish to make a change to the Program of Studies, they must request the change in writing to the Graduate Nursing Education Program Director.
- Students must complete clinical/practicum requirements four months prior to practicum courses.
Rivier University’s online Family Nurse Practitioner degree program has three start dates annually; Spring, Summer and Fall semesters-each 14 weeks long.
A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 is required for admission to the online FNP degree program. An applicant must be currently practicing as an RN with an active, unencumbered RN nursing license and have at least two years of RN experience. Applicants must complete the nursing practicum form.*
Transfer credits from regionally accredited two- and four-year institutions are accepted via official transcripts. To transfer credits, send official transcripts to Rivier University, c/o The Learning House, 32 Mount Joy St., Suite 300, Mount Joy, PA 17552. Your advisor will review transcripts and determine how many credits are transferable to your program of study.
* Applicants without an associate degree must submit a high school transcript or GED certificate.Apply Now