Enhance your career as a public health policy leader and practitioner with an online Master of Public Health degree from Rivier University. Gain the skills you need to better serve the health needs of the local community and beyond.
Graduates are prepared to pursue leadership roles in state, federal and international health associations, as well as the private sector and academia. With comprehensive study in topics such as global health, health care administration, health policy, qualitative-quantitative research, ethics, epidemiology and more, students receive knowledge and skills needed to impact others in the next step of their career.
One of the few fully online public health degree programs in the region, the program offers a flexible learning environment. Multiple term starts and competitive tuition rates are designed to help you start, and finish, faster. Rivier University has been educating students to transform the world for more than 80 years, so you can trust you will receive a high-quality education in a format designed to help you succeed.Request Information
- Next Start Date: September 5, 2017
- Est. Program Length: 2-3 years
- Credit Hours: 42
- Course Length: 7 weeks
Request Your Info Packet
The degree requires 42 credit hours for completion and tuition is $567 per credit hour.
Undergraduate statistics (or evidence of completion)
- Degree Requirements (42 credits)
- BUS 559 Healthcare Finance: 3
- BUS 569 Healthcare Administration: 3
- BUS 654 Compliance and Risk Management in Healthcare Settings: 3
- NSG 601 Quality Healthcare Improvement: 3
- NSG 605 Research Design: 3
- NSG 606 Research Capstone Advisement: 2
- NSG 610 Advanced Health Policy: 3
- PH 501 Public Health: A Population-Based Approach: 3
- PH 504 Communicable and Non-Communicable Disease Epidemiology: 3
- PH 510 Behavioral Health and Health Promotion: 3
- PH 520 Public Health Genomics and Informatics: 3
- PH 530 Environmental Health: 3
- PH 550 Global Health: 3
- PH 575* Practicum: 3
- PH 575 Seminar: 1
*Public Health practicums may be taken in the student’s geographic location.
All NSG prefix courses are 14 weeks. BUS and PH courses are 7 weeks.
Rivier University operates on a rolling admissions system. Students may apply for admission at any time and are notified of acceptance within 2 to 4 weeks from the date their application is completed.
A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 is required for admission into the Master of Public Health degree; applicants whose GPA falls below this minimum will be evaluated and may be considered for admission.
Transfer credits from regionally accredited two- and four-year institutions are accepted. To transfer credits, you should request that your official transcript be sent to Rivier University, C/O The Learning House, 801 East Park Drive, Suite 105, Harrisburg, PA 17111. Your advisor will review transcript and determine how many credits are transferable to your chosen program of study.Apply Now