Transform your future with an online B.S. Business Administration degree from Rivier University. You will gain a strong foundation in business principles, acquiring the skills and knowledge to advance your company or organizational goals, or to take your own business to the next level.
Graduates can pursue leadership roles as business managers and directors, human resource administrators, procurement analysts, data collection analysts, business owners and more. Graduates may consider a career as a business operations manager, included in the top 10 of the U.S. News list of best business jobs and best paying jobs for 2015. This position has a median salary of $96,430 and has one of the highest job placement rates.
Students in the program develop a fundamental understanding of business with concentrated study in topics such as business management, marketing, business writing, budgeting, and strategic management. With the fully online format, working students can benefit from a flexible learning environment, balancing the program with work and personal commitments.
Multiple term starts, a generous transfer credit policy and competitive tuition rates are all designed to help you start, and finish, faster. Rivier University has been educating students to transform the world for more than 80 years, so you can trust you will receive a high-quality education in a format designed to help you succeed.Request Information
- Next Start Date: October 29, 2018
- Est. Program Length: 2-4 years
- Credit Hours: 120
- Course Length: 7 weeks
Request Your Info Packet
The degree requires 120 credit hours for completion and tuition is $360 per credit hour. Students can transfer up to 90 credits and the degree can be completed in less than 2 years.
- General Education Requirements (42 credits)
Foundation Courses: 12
- ENG 120 Composition in Context: 3
- MA 112 (or above) College Algebra: 3
- RIV 120 Dignity, Work, Vocation: 3
- REL Elective: 3
Area Distribution Requirements: 18
Choose two courses from each area:
- Humanities: English, History, Modern Language, Philosophy, Religion
- Natural/Physical Science, Mathematics and Technology: Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science, Math, Physics
- Social Sciences: Economics, Geography, Human Development, Political Science, Psychology, Sociology, Social Work
General Education Liberal Arts Electives: 12
Choose four courses from the Area Distribution Requirements above.
- Major Requirements (42 credits)
- BUS 175 Principles of Management: 3
- BUS 183 Business Writing Seminar: 3
- BUS 215 Principles of Marketing: 3
- BUS 295 Business Law: 3
- BUS 302 Organizational Behavior: 3
- BUS 304 Human Resources Management: 3
- BUS 315 International Business: 3 – or – BUS 324 International Entrepreneurship: 3
- BUS 337 Managerial Economics: 3
- BUS 351 Applied Statistics: 3
- BUS 355 Administrative Accounting: 3
- BUS 356 Administrative Finance: 3
- BUS 362 Principles and Practices of Negotiation: 3
- BUS 475 Production and Operations Management: 3
- BUS 479 Strategic Management: 3
- General Requirements (36 credits)
Free electives provide students with the opportunity to study content areas that meet personal, professional, or vocational interests.
Students who graduate from this program with a 3.0 cumulative GPA may seamlessly continue into a Rivier MBA program that can be completed in as little as one additional year. This 4 + 1 option does not apply to the MBA Healthcare Administration program.
Rivier University operates on a rolling admissions systems. Students may apply for admission at any time and are notified of acceptance within 2 to 4 weeks from the date their application is completed.
A minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 is required for admission into the B.S. Business Administration degree. Students who graduate from this program with a 3.0 cumulative GPA may seamlessly continue into a Rivier MBA program that can be completed in as little as one additional year.
Transfer credits from regionally accredited 2- and 4-year institutions are accepted. To transfer credits, you should request that your official transcript be sent to: Rivier University, C/O The Learning House, 32 Mount Joy Street, Suite 300, Mount Joy, PA 17552. Your advisor will review transcript and determine how many credits are transferable to your chosen program of study.Apply Now