Rivier University’s online human services degree will prepare you to address social and public health challenges and to help others reach their full potential. Supported by industry-experienced educators, the human services bachelor degree provides the skills necessary to make informed decisions that are ethical and effective, so you can implement appropriate interventions in service delivery.
Created for working individuals who are eager to make positive change, this human services bachelor degree is delivered completely online so you can learn on the go as you prepare for the next step in your career. A Substance Use Disorder track is also available to students who are interested in specializing in counseling and recovery services. Both options offer flexible coursework and an accelerated curriculum, setting this BS in human services apart from other programs by allowing you to work at your own pace and complete your degree on your schedule.
As a graduate of the online human services degree, you’ll have the advanced decision-making capabilities and interpersonal skills necessary to effectively work with individuals who may have differences in their own values, personalities, reaction patterns and limitations. Your advanced knowledge will help you create genuine and emphatic relationships with others, so you can become a trusted voice in the community and a successful human services professional.Request Information
- Next Start Date: September 3, 2019
- Est. Program Length: 2.5-4 years
- Credit Hours: 120
- Course Length: 7 weeks
Request Your Info Packet
The online human services degree requires 120 credit hours for completion and tuition is $360 per credit hour.
- Human Services
- HUS 101 Human Services – Agency and Advocacy: 3
- HUS/PSY/SW 495 Internship: 3
- PSY 101 General Psychology: 3
- PSY 203 Psychology of Communication: 3
- PSY 210 Human Sexuality: 3
- PSY 250 Psychological Disorders: 3
- PSY 301 Drugs & Behavior: 3
- PSY 309 Health Psychology: 3
- PSY 402 Counseling Theories and Practice: 3
- SOC 105 Social Problems: 3
- SOC 205 The Family: 3
- SOC 310 Minority Groups: 3
- Social Work
- SW 201 Social Work Methods: 3
- SW 315 Human Behavior in the Social Environment: 3
- SW 401 Social Welfare Policy: 3
- Optional Substance Use Disorder track
- PSY 450 Substance Use Disorder Rehabilitation: 3
- PSY 451 Ethics in Substance Use Disorder Treatment: 3
- General Elective Courses
- Students complete 12 elective courses/36 credit hours
- Students opting for the SUD track complete 10 elective courses/30 credit hours
Rivier University operates on a rolling admissions system. Students may apply for admission at any time and are notified of acceptance two to four weeks after their application is completed.
A minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 is required for admission.
Transfer credits from regionally accredited two- and four-year institutions are accepted. To transfer credits, request that your official transcript be mailed to: Rivier University, c/o The Learning House, 32 Mount Joy St., Suite 300, Mount Joy, Pennsylvania 17552. Your advisor will review your transcript and determine how many credits are transferable to your chosen program of study.Apply Now