Make a difference in the next generation of nurses with an online M.S. Nursing: Nursing Education degree from Rivier University. As an experienced clinician and instructor, you can play a role in ensuring the quality of nursing education and future patient care.
There is a critical need for nursing educators in the United States. According to the American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN), a 2013 survey of 680 nursing schools in the country revealed 1,358 faculty vacancies. In the same year, U.S. nursing schools turned away 78,089 qualified applicants, with faculty shortages cited as a major reason.
Graduates of the M.S. Nursing Education program are prepared to assume roles as nursing educators in academic and clinical practice settings, including colleges and universities, hospitals, community health agencies, and other practice settings. Offered online and accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN), the program provides a quality education in a flexible, convenient format that can be designed around professional and personal schedules.
Multiple term starts and competitive tuition rates are all designed to help you start, and finish, faster. Rivier University has been educating students to transform the world for more than 80 years, so you can trust you will receive a high-quality education in a format designed to help you succeed.Request Information
- Next Start Date: September 9, 2017
- Est. Program Length: 2 years
- Credit Hours: 36
- Course Length: 7 and 14 weeks
Request Your Info Packet
The degree requires 36 credit hours for completion and tuition is $545 per credit hour.*
Undergraduate statistics (or evidence of completion)
- Degree Requirements
- BIO 504 Advanced Pathophysiology: 3
- NSG 516* Advanced Health Assessment: 3
- NSG 518 Advanced Pharmacology: 3
- NSG 550 Curriculum Development in Nursing: 3
- NSG 552† Technology in Nursing Education: 3
- NSG 553P* Introductory Nursing Education Practicum: 2
- NSG 553S* Introductory Nursing Education Seminar: 1
- NSG 555P* Advanced Nursing Education Practicum: 3
- NSG 555S* Advanced Nursing Education Seminar: 1
- NSG 601 Quality Healthcare Improvement: 3
- NSG 602 Evidence-Based Practice in Nursing and Healthcare: 3
- NSG 606 Research Capstone Advisement: 2
- NSG 610 Advanced Health Policy: 3
- NSG 616 Assessment and Evaluation in Nursing Education: 3
†Includes 16 immersion hours that may be completed in the student’s geographic location.
*The cost for nursing practicums and NSG 516 is $970 per credit hour. Nursing practicums may be taken in the student’s geographic location.
Rivier University operates on a rolling admissions system. Students may apply for admission at any time and are notified of acceptance within 2 to 4 weeks from the date their application is completed.
A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 is required for admission into the M.S. Nursing Education degree; applicants whose GPA falls below this minimum will be evaluated and may be considered for admission. An active, unencumbered RN nursing license is also required. Students must complete the nursing practicum form.
Transfer credits from regionally accredited two- and four-year institutions are accepted. To transfer credits, you should request that your official transcript be sent to Rivier University, C/O The Learning House, 801 East Park Drive, Suite 105, Harrisburg, PA 17111. Your advisor will review transcript and determine how many credits are transferable to your chosen program of study.Apply Now