Improve the healthcare outcomes and quality of life for others with an online M.S. Nursing: Family Nurse Practitioner degree from Rivier University. You will gain the skills and knowledge you need to serve as a primary healthcare provider.
Current changes in healthcare delivery and recent reforms have increased Americans’ access to healthcare and have highlighted the pressing need for highly skilled and competent primary care providers. Family Nurse Practitioners are expertly prepared to provide this care and, in light of this fact, are in great demand. Graduates of the M.S. Nursing: Family Nurse Practitioner program are prepared to deliver the full scope of primary care within many types of healthcare settings.
Students in the program gain advanced theory and clinical education in topics such as pathophysiology, health assessment, family nursing theory, quality healthcare improvement, health policy, and research design. Through online courses and field practicums, students will be prepared for leadership roles such as family nurse practitioners, adult nurse practitioners, or adult-gerontology primary care nurse practitioners.
Multiple term starts and competitive tuition rates are designed to help you start, and finish, faster. Rivier University has been educating students to transform the world for more than 80 years, so you can trust you will receive a high-quality education in a format designed to help you succeed.Request Information
- Next Start Date: May 15, 2017
- Est. Program Length: 3 - 5 years
- Credit Hours: 43
- Course Length: 7 and 14 weeks
The degree requires 43 credit hours and tuition is $545 per credit hour.*
Undergraduate statistics (or evidence of completion)
- Degree Requirements
- BIO 504 Advanced Pathophysiology: 3
- NSG 510 Advanced Family Nursing Theory I: 3
- NSG 511P*† Family Nurse Practitioner Practicum I: 2
- NSG 511S* Family Nurse Practitioner Practicum I Seminar: 1
- NSG 512 Advanced Family Nursing Theory II: 3
- NSG 513P*† Family Nurse Practitioner Practicum II: 4
- NSG 513S* Family Nurse Practitioner Practicum II Seminar: 1
- NSG 515P*† Family Nurse Practitioner Practicum III: 4
- NSG 515S* Family Nurse Practitioner Practicum III Seminar: 1
- NSG 516* Advanced Health Assessment: 3
- NSG 517 Advanced Role of the Nurse: 1
- NSG 518 Advanced Pharmacology: 3
- NSG 601 Quality Healthcare Improvement: 3
- NSG 602 Evidence-Based Practice in Nursing and Healthcare: 3
- NSG 606 Research Capstone Advisement: 2
- NSG 610 Advanced Health Policy: 3
- NSG 620 Biostatistics for the Health Sciences: 3
†These courses include on-campus intensive sessions (OCI) that range from two to five days.
*The cost for nursing practicums and NSG 516 is $970 per credit hour. Nursing practicums may be taken in the student’s geographic location.
Rivier University operates on a rolling admissions system. Students may apply for admission at any time and are notified of acceptance within 2 to 4 weeks from the date their application is completed.
A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 is required for admission into the M.S. Nursing: Family Nurse Practitioner degree; applicants whose GPA falls below this minimum will be evaluated and may be considered for admission. An active, unencumbered RN nursing license is also required. Students must complete the nursing practicum form.
Transfer credits from regionally accredited two- and four-year institutions are accepted. To transfer credits, you should request that your official transcript be sent to Rivier University, C/O The Learning House, 801 East Park Drive, Suite 105, Harrisburg, PA 17111. Your advisor will review transcript and determine how many credits are transferable to your chosen program of study.Apply Now